[TR] worn splines on wire wheels

Dave dlhogye at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 13:55:51 MDT 2017

I use old, bent and worn TR wheels for hose hangers all around my ranch.  At least a dozen now.  Wires look especially nice.  Steelies with patina in the gardens and on the barns.  I drill a hole outside of the tire bead area to attach them with a wood screw.
Once the splines on the hubs and wire wheel centers are worn, they are no longer usable.  Don't take chances.  When in doubt, always replace.  It wouldn't be cost effective to rebuild the wheels either.  Unless you have special rims.  Like aluminum Borranis.
And YES!  It's a good idea to hit your knock-offs with a mallet to check tightness, almost as a habit.  Easy safety precaution.

Cheers,
Dave H.

Sent from my iPad