[TR] Front Sway Bar

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Sun Oct 1 11:33:25 MDT 2017

I put on a big fat sway bar on my 1960 TR3A in August, getting ready for Triumphest last weekend in Flagstaff.  It made a huge difference.  The car does not lean.  I don't remember the actual size of the bar but I could find out.  It's a custom designed model done by Greg Solow in Santa Cruz, and is used by a few vintage Triumph racers.

I fabricated a front mounting bracket, which for now I'm not running a front bumper on my Rat Rod, so I took those brackets off and took off the radiator protector, and made basically a wider radiator protector bracket and mount the sway bar to that.

My wife and I won our classes in the autocross at Triumphest, modified TR2, TR3 and TR4.  My wife even commented how much it improved the handling.

I'm corning as hard as I can in this photo my wife took, and that's max lean, which isn't much.

Also on the drive out to Flagstaff, the driver of a car at the back of the caravan as we were going over a wonderful mountain pass in the Sierras, Monitor Pass 8400', commented at lunch how a TR6 I was following leaned a bit at modest speeds, and my car didn't lean at all.

So yeah, do it.  You won't regret it.

Rye
PH: 530-FIND-RYE