[TR] Front Sway Bar

Dave dlhogye at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 14:16:41 MDT 2017

Greg's anti-sway bars were initially made for road use, but they work well on race cars too.  Some TR racers use as thick as 1" bars for very flat cornering.
Adco made Greg's bars to his specifications.  I think he might still have a couple in stock.
They are 7/8".  The original TR bars were pretty thin.  I think they are 1/2".
Just adding a bar allows softer suspension while improving handling.
TSI's bar has a wide range of uses, TR2-TR4A.  A TR4 bar might work on a TR2/3, but the frame of a TR4 is wider than a TR2/3.  So really, like Greg thought, a TR2/3 should have a specially bent bar.  They have two bends each side, to allow tire turning clearance, and they connect between the middle and outer a-arm/spring pan bolts.  Attaching the bar further out on the suspension, the more effective the bar is.
I think TSI bars only have one bend attach more inward on the suspension.
The original TR2/3 bar uses the middle bolt location on the suspension.

Dave H.

Sent from my iPad