[TR] Lucas Heater Switch

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 07:53:07 MST 2017

Thanks, Randall.  I thought I'd pass along to everyone that their part
number 635-180
rheostat is a Lucas 78384 switch. Moss Sales wrote:

*Dave,*

*Being a rheostat, the resistance varies. In this case from 3 ohms on the
low end to *

*15 ohms on the high end. As it turns out, the one in our warehouse (and
there is *

*only one) is genuine Lucas. Part number 78384.*

Apparently, if you ever need a replacement switch for your heater, plan
ahead.

The Lucas 73834 is a rarity and supply will be highly questionable, unless
you

repair what we have or improvise as Randall has described. Moss appears to

only have ONE available. TRF has them as NLS. Vicky Brit does still list
them,

however...

Just a heads-up.

Cheers!