[TR] Lucas Heater Switch

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 15:26:01 MST 2017

> Moss Sales wrote:
> <
> 	Being a rheostat, the resistance varies. In this case from 3 ohms on
> the low end to
> 	15 ohms on the high end. As it turns out, the one in our warehouse
> (and there is
>
> 	only one) is genuine Lucas. Part number 78384.

Curious that the Moss information contradicts the Lucas 400e catalog.

Also, if 3 ohms is really the minimum resistance, then you won't get
anything resembling high speed from the heater fan.  3 ohms will actually be
slower than the slowest active speed with the original control (except 'off'
of course).

-- Randall