[TR] Tr3, conversion from capillary tube to electrically sensed water temperature gauge

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Nov 27 06:01:22 MST 2017

Very early TR4's had a domed gauge for the electrical temp gauge and looked indistinguishable from the cap tube version.  My TR3 came with that set-up when I bought it.  I converted to a cap tube gauge for concours and like you suffered a failure.  Unfortunately, I have misplaced my electric gauge.

Perhaps the  domed class from your gauge will fit a later TR4 electric gauge which will not look out of place.

All you need is the gauge, the sender, some wire and a voltage stabilizer from a TR4/6.  Refer to the TR4/6 wiring diagram for connections.

Dave Massey