[TR] Early TR4 Triumph Radio wanted

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Mon Nov 13 22:11:02 MST 2017

On 11/13/2017 5:04 PM, Jim Henningsen wrote:
> Yes, that is the radio.  I have the original manual for it just cant find the radio.  I have a very early 62 so would love to find one if possible.  If not, I still have the 60s Blaupunkt that was installed in the car when I bought it.  Judging by date on the radio, it was installed near purchase date.  Don't know if the dealers installed Blaupunkts or not.  That swirl logo is British Leyland.  I think that radio is for a different car with the wrong manual.  Just my two cents
Others can weigh in (Mike Cook would know), but, IIRC, but it was around
late `67-early `68 that British Leyland finally folded Triumph into its
operations.  Rebadging of parts, cars and promotional materials probably
would not have occurred until then, thus making this radio something
that postdates the absorption of Standard-Triumph by B-L.

Additionally, I don't think S-T offered a factory radio in 1962. There
was a dealer-installed option, the Triumph-Bendix R2BT4 (the "2" in that
model number indicating the model year):

[Cliccate sulla foto per chiudere questa finestra]

Pretty clearly shows the old logo for that year.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....