[TR] crane electronic to coil wiring

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 6 18:31:27 MST 2017

I purchased and installed a crane 700 electronic ignition several years ago.  At that time the car was positive ground and I bought the appropriate module and wired it up appropriately and it ran fine for 3 yrs. now.
Last week I decided to change the system to negative ground.  I had no problem reversing the wires on the coil and battery as well as changing the generator polarity.
At present the coil is wired:  Yellow from module to + coil.black from - coil straight to ground.black from module to - coilwhite from ignition (wiring harness) connected to red which goes to modul
 At present the car will turn over but not start.  It will also not turn over from the starter button on the dash but will turn over from the rubber button on the solenoid on the firewall.  I thought I followed the directions I had.
Can anyone help from the information above?  I think the module 700 is supposed to be able to work on both negative and positive ground ignitions.  I purchased it around 5 yrs ago.
ty in advance
Gary n.