[TR] TR4 trunk/boot

Michael Porter mdporter at dfn.com
Fri Nov 3 23:55:52 MDT 2017

On 11/3/2017 4:36 PM, Keith Stewart wrote:

> A little off Brad. According to the SPC, CT 5642 was the last car with
> the older type stay rod.

I have a feeling that the cut-in was as the parts became available. My
`62 TR4, CT2334L, had the later prop rod, and I'm pretty sure that the
previous owner wouldn't have had it upgraded.  There was nothing in the
way of work done other than minimal maintenance when I bought it.

That's often the way production works--if they temporarily ran out of
the existing part and the later part was in stock in preparation for the
cut-in, well, the new part was installed to keep production going.  It's
expensive to have roving crews out in the yard bringing cars to
completion that didn't have all parts installed on the line, and
stopping the line for what at the time was a two- or three-dollar part
wasn't an option, either.

Cheers.

--

Michael Porter
Roswell, NM

Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....