[TR] TR4 trunk/boot

Brad Kahler bkahler1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 07:22:53 MDT 2017

After I posted I was wondering if I might have dropped a zero.  I used to
know all of the little quirky differences between the early TR4s and the
later ones.  Once I sold CT288 to Mark Macy that knowledge went with it :)

If I remember correctly there is a difference in the boot lid inner support
frame that is different if you're using a prop rod vs the sliding rod.
Then again, I've been wrong before!

Brad

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 1:55 AM, Michael Porter <mdporter at dfn.com> wrote:

> On 11/3/2017 4:36 PM, Keith Stewart wrote:
>
> A little off Brad. According to the SPC, CT 5642 was the last car with the
> older type stay rod.
>

> I have a feeling that the cut-in was as the parts became available.  My
> `62 TR4, CT2334L, had the later prop rod, and I'm pretty sure that the
> previous owner wouldn't have had it upgraded.  There was nothing in the way
> of work done other than minimal maintenance when I bought it.
>
> That's often the way production works--if they temporarily ran out of the
> existing part and the later part was in stock in preparation for the
> cut-in, well, the new part was installed to keep production going.  It's
> expensive to have roving crews out in the yard bringing cars to completion
> that didn't have all parts installed on the line, and stopping the line for
> what at the time was a two- or three-dollar part wasn't an option, either.
>
> Cheers.
>

> --
>

> Michael Porter
> Roswell, NM
>

> Never let anyone drive you crazy when you know it's within walking distance....

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>