[TR] TR6 Plastaic transmission Tunnel Fit

Harrymague at aol.com Harrymague at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 10:09:42 MDT 2017

Hey guys, anybody have problems getting after market plastic transmission
tunnels to fit.  My car has one of the British Heritage bodies.  When  I put
this together years ago, the tunnel never fit just right.  I seemed  it was
short.  This winters project was to replace the frame with a Ratco  frame.
Switch went well but I am at the point of putting the interior back  in.
The old tunnel was pretty bad so I got one from one of the  suppliers.  It is
around a quarter inch short.  Meaning the bolts line  up on the floor, but
the tunnel connection to the fire wall won't reach the bolt  holes.

So OK.  I have been looking at the two piece tunnel.  I got one  and it is
short too.  What the heck.

My thought to fix this is to get around a two inch piece of aluminum stock
and make a spacer.  Screw it to the tunnel so that the gap is filled.
Anybody have any other suggestion??

Also what is the thought of placing dynamat on the inside or outside of the
 tunnel??

Thanks in advance.
Harry Mague