[TR] Alternator

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun Jun 18 06:57:12 MDT 2017

Happy Fathers day to all,

So last Friday, I was going to drive the TR4A to work and when I started it
up there was loud screeching sound coming from the engine. I thought it had
to be either  the water pump or alternator (GM Delco 7127). So I ended up
going to work in my daily driver. Got home about noon on Friday and took a
closer look with the engine running and the noise was coming from the
alternator. The cooling fan on the alternator had separated from the pulley
and spun freely on the pulley.

Picked up a new alternator at O'Reily's for $45.00. I even got a military
discount! Pretty cool..

Since I have  a A.R.E. heatshield installed, I had to remove it and the
carbs to get at the alternator but it went fairly well.

I thought it was kind of ironic that the GM alternator failed.. It only has
about 12,000 miles on it.

Anyway, she's all back together. I even got to our local Cars & Coffee
Saturday morning.

Dave Connitt

'67 TR4A IRS

http://www.DavesTR4A.com