[TR] Alternator

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Sun Jun 18 07:28:19 MDT 2017

On a GM unit.... the fan CAN spin freely easily.   The fans are not
physically attached to anything....just compressed behind the pulley and
a step on the shaft when the nut is tightened.
Some have a key notch, but most are well past the key on the shaft to
have it stop them from rotating.
The screech must have simply been a loose pulley. nut

btdt

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net www.teglerizer.com