[TR] Knocking noise

Jim Vassiliadis jimstr4 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 13:31:30 MDT 2017

Thankyou for the replies.
My mechanic is making a house call today to help diagnose it.
I've checked that the clutch release bearing isn't sitting on the clutch
splines if that's what you mean.
There's a bit of freeplay until it hits the clutch plate.
How much should there be?
I haven't flat towed it.
I suspect that it's damage in the gearbox and probably the layshaft as
mentioned by a couple of people on the list.
It was in perfect condition prior to being pulled out and sitting on the
garage floor.
I'm resigned to having to pull it out yet again.

Jim and the rare limited addition doorless and seatless TR4 version.