[TR] Removing stuck wire wheel

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Mon Jul 24 12:31:37 MDT 2017

Sujit,

Careful with the crowbar, you might damage something important.

Last time I had this issue, on a friends Healey, we used a 4lb soft blow plastic hammer and hit on it from the back side turning the wheel about ¼ turn after each blow.

Be sure you have the car very safely supported before you try this. It on jack stands what that the car is not moving on them as you strike the wheel.

The problem in his case was the brake shoes being frozen to the drum.

Bill B