[TR] Removing stuck wire wheel

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Jul 24 20:16:15 MDT 2017

I once removed a very stuck wire wheel by the penetrating oil and rocking, and when it was still stuck I pounded on the end of the threaaded hub with a lead hammer while pulling the wheel outward. It came off, I buggered up the threads slightly but fixed with a file.  If I had it to do over again would use an old sacrificial knock off like a sacrificial nut loosely attached to pound on.

Greg Lemon
TR250