[TR] Overdrive

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Jul 21 05:34:57 MDT 2017

It's a fine line between setting it too tight and too loose.  Set too loose and the solenoid won't open the valve.  Too tight and the solenoid can't make full travel and open the pull-in coil contacts and you blow the fuse.  It sounds like it is set just a little too loose.  The solenoid is opening the valve but not enough to give you adequate fluid flow for a timely engagement.  It's finicky and making fine adjustments is tricky but once you get it it works a treat.

It should give you instantaneous engagement.  It is almost telepathic, the OD engages before the switch is fully operated.  Or so it seems.

Dave Massey