[TR] [NET] Ball joint fitment

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 07:17:05 MDT 2017

Hey Tom;

It's pretty ridiculous and SO unnecessary to have this problem.
They've shortened the threaded length of the ball joint so that
it's too short for the hardware they've supplied to be used.

Another solution is to drill the cotter pin hole closer to the end of
the 'stem.'

In trying to tighten the nut, I have screwed up the threads trying
to make things work. You'd think I'd learn by now. SO now I have
to repair the 9/16-18 UNF threads before I can continue. No, I
haven't tried the driver's side yet. Don't know why that would be
different but we'll see soon enough. Nor have I called TRF. I'd be
QUITE surprised if anything they could tell me would change anything.
I do plan on letting them know of this issue when I get a chance, but not
with hopes of them solving my issue for me. I wonder if the ball joints
supplied by other suppliers are identical to these or if they're made as
the originals were. This ought to be a no-brainer, but....

Dave