[TR] Does a manual geatbox from a Stag share any components, from other Triumphs?

hdrider570 at att.net hdrider570 at att.net
Tue Jan 3 13:23:07 MST 2017

Many pieces are shared with late TR6 transmissions but not all. The
Rimmer's Web Site has good diagrams of both so you should be able to
look there.

The clutch fork is often welded onto the cross bar by DPO's.  mine was.
I little judicious grinding got it off.

I purchased the Rimmer's gearbox overhaul kit for my Stag, part number
RS1066 when I recently rebuilt my transmission.  It has most of the
parts that you will need.

Don't forget to rebuild the OD as well.  I have never taken one apart
that did not need the thrust washer.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA