[TR] Car jack for Triumph Cars

Andrew S. Mace zoboherald at aol.com
Thu Aug 31 19:11:24 MDT 2017

-----Original Message-----

From: ptegler <ptegler at verizon.net>
Sent: Wed, Aug 30, 2017 2:52 pm

frame mount for the Spit is not a necessity. The normal tire change jack uses the lip of the body panel seams at the very bottom edge!
not the frame at all!

Uh...not on any Spitfire or GT6 I've ever had. To quote from the 1970 Spitfire Handbook, page 21: "Locate the nut of the fixing bolts (rearwards of the front wheel and forwards of the rear wheel) in the head of the jack for safety when lifting a wheel." That's pretty much the way I've done it since about 1971.

If what you describe can be safely done, fine. But I'm not going to be the one to risk the sills on my car to try it!

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph Herald engine with wings.

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald Database: http://triumph-herald.us