[TR] Cheers!

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 10:09:01 MDT 2017

On 4/17/17 12:04 AM, Rye Livingston wrote:
> I started working at Apple in 1980 and we sold a 24k or 36k or 48k
> integer Apple computers. Before the Apple II and later the Apple II
> plus. We sold a Panasonic cassette player to record data along with
> Sanyo monitor and Centronix printer, because Apple didn't have any
> other products yet. Later that year Wozniak finished the disc drive
> controller card so we started selling 5 1/2 floppy disc drives.
>
> I worked there for almost 14 years through a LOT of changes, most
> significant I was one of 4 people on the Desktop Publishing Marketing
> team when the iMac was introduced along with the Apple LaserWriter
> printer with postscript, and applications such as Pagemaker, Illustrator.
I was at HP from 1982 to 1989 then moved over to Apple Evangelism.
In 1987 I transferred to HP Corporate Engineering. I was using a Mac + I
brought over from the division I had worked in and had a Laserwriter.
One interesting thing was the Corporate engineering industrial design
group were all using the latest version of Macs and Laser writers to
create the overall HP product look and packaging. While there I started
the HP Mac users group. At Apple I was the hardware compatibility
Evangelist, who focused on having third party products compatible with
new versions of Macintosh on the day New Macs were
introduced. I was the one who made sure that Pagemaker and Illustator
worked on the new Macs.  I was there from 1989 - 1998 when Steve remade
Apple into his own image and laid off entire R&D groups who were working
on products that did not fit his view of Apple.

TeriAnn
--

Book - The Essential Guide to Overland Travel in the United States and
Canada <http://overlandtravel.us>

*Because the world beckons and life waits for no one*