[TR] Cheers!

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Mon Apr 17 01:04:32 MDT 2017

I started working at Apple in 1980 and we sold a 24k or 36k or 48k integer Apple computers. Before the Apple II and later the Apple II plus. We sold a Panasonic cassette player to record data along with Sanyo monitor and Centronix printer, because Apple didn't have any other products yet. Later that year Wozniak finished the disc drive controller card so we started selling 5 1/2 floppy disc drives.

I worked there for almost 14 years through a LOT of changes, most significant I was one of 4 people on the Desktop Publishing Marketing team when the iMac was introduced along with the Apple LaserWriter printer with postscript, and applications such as Pagemaker, Illustrator.

Those were some amazing times in technology development.

Rye

Sent from my iPad