[TR] tr-3 rear motor bearing

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Mon Apr 17 05:34:04 MDT 2017

Which “rear motor bearing fix” did you use?

I used the Moss conversion on both of my “keeper” TR3s and they both leak.  More recently I switched to the Viton conversion and they are much drier (not much consolation for my garage floor).

Maybe I have gotten better with time and the leaks are unrelated to the rear seal, but I was wondering if others had experience with both “fixes”

With regard to your question about the felt, I really don’t know.  But hopefully someone with more experience than me will educate us.

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan