[TR] Stag Stuck in Gear!

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:15:58 MDT 2016

Thank you Randall, Bob and Bill.

With help from my English "advisors" at the  Stag Owners Club, I worked
from inside t he car, rremoving the console materials that enclose the gear
shifter, and then lifted out the shifter. The gear selector rods were
jammed in mid-position, and it was a simple matter to realign them in
neutral. I then replaced the shifter and its retainer, and shifted easily
throught he gears. Started her up and everything back to normal.

So all is well for the moment. Next question is how to prevent it happening
again. The suspicion is that everything down there is worn, but I',m not
about to remove the whole d--n engine and tranny again to replace the
shifter rods. Maybe a better gear stick would help.

The beats goes on.  Still awaiting that multi-hour comfy ride with my honey.

John