[TR] TR4A IRS Rear Shock options

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sun May 29 16:20:50 MDT 2016

I have been driving my TR4A IRS for about 2 years now and I have a question
regarding handling.

First of all, as far as cornering goes, with the wheels and tires I have it
wants to go into corners way faster than I have the nerve to travel but that
isn't what I am writing about. What I am writing about is rear wheel hop,
especially over rough road surfaces. I have stock lever shocks. They haven't
been professionally rebuilt but have been cleaned, painted and new oil
installed. Don't ask me what type or weight oil, I can't honestly remember.

I am not a real big fan of the tube shock conversions as the lever shock
limits the total extension of the swing arm to keep the universal joints
from locking up from over-extension and I don't see what mechanism in the
tube shock replaces that function.

What are my options here to get better handling over rough roads?

Thanks,

Dave Connitt