[TR] TR4 hood (bonnet) and Spitfire HT cheap

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat May 28 08:49:21 MDT 2016

Trying to clean up the old homestead here in Indiana a bit.  There is what
appears (to my uneducated eye) to be a metal Spitfire hardtop, and a TR4
hood/bonnet in the metal scrap pile.  The hardtop has minimal rust, but is
just the bare metal shell, no backlight or seals, etc.  The hood has major
surface rust with only traces of paint left, but might be salvageable.  I
didn't see any perforations (but did not examine it closely).  Sorry, I
don't know the difference between "long bulge" and "short bulge", but I
assume it is the more common, less desirable version.

Strictly local pickup, I'm not interested in trying to crate either of them
for shipment.  Location is roughly 70 miles due north of Indianapolis, in
Frankfort, IN.

If someone is interested, I can drag them out and take photos.  If not,
they'll likely go to the scrap yard in the next few weeks.

-- Randall