[TR] A-type OD Solenoid Question

Roger Colson sassamon.ma at verizon.net
Wed May 25 17:48:02 MDT 2016

Hello list,

Just received a new solenoid and during shipment the plunger became separated from the
body of the solenoid.  When trying to reassemble the solenoid I find it is very difficult to put
the rubber hood on the solenoid body.

I did not have a solenoid so I can not look at it for comparison.

Before I go to extreme measures I shall ask the group for advice.

First, Does the rubber hood cover the step on the end of the solenoid or is the seal created
some other way?

Second, If the seal is made by covering the step, what is a good way to get the hood installed
without damaging the hood?

Thank you in advance,

Roger Colson
1957 TR3 TS21383L "Bettie"