[TR] TR3 Temperature

Loumetelko at aol.com Loumetelko at aol.com
Wed Jan 20 22:44:11 MST 2016

What  is the optimal temperature for a TR3?  Gauge has center point at 185
degrees.
Thanks
In  thirteen years of driving my TR2 I have noticed that it depends on the
ambient temperature.  If in the sixties the gauge needle  reads well below
the "1" as in "185".  If in the seventies gauge  needle covers the 1,  if in
the eighties gauge needle covers the 8, if in  the nineties gauge needle
covers the 5.  These readings are Interstate or  cruising for a hour or more.
In crawling, heavy traffic the gauge might  leave the 5 but not by much.

Must add that the radiator is flushed and fluid is changed every  spring.
Also note that below the sixties, the 2 and I refuse to venture  from the
garage!

Lou Metelko
Auburn,  Indiana