[TR] Pulling TR3 Hubs

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 11:59:51 MST 2016

David;

Thanks for suggesting I "invest in a workshop manual." The Bentley's
manual I already have was, for me, actually, the source of my confusion.
I've now had many listers helpfully tell me no tool is needed. But the
Bentley's (page 235, item 8d, informed me I needed to "remove the
[front] hub utilising Churchill Hub Removing Tool No. M.86 or S.132."
Hence the puller tool question I posted, not knowing what the Churchill
tools referred-to in the manual looked like. I wonder why the manual
says you'd need a tool for the front hub....

Given everyone's input, I have now easily removed the front hubs. What
no one seemed to mention, curiously, is that the hub will come off with
the rotor, to which it held by four bolts.

Thanks, Randall for the *rear *hub feedback. I'll be looking for a local
shop to help me with them, soon!

Best and thanks to everyone who responded and a Happy New Year to all!

Dave