[TR] Stag quit at speed

Lee&John Howard leejohn7 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 20:53:58 MDT 2016

Thanks for all your good comments.

I think that both battery and alternator are bad.  Charged the battery to
12.6, started the car, then watched the battery voltage slowly ebb until
below 10. Turned the car off, and not enough juice to restart. So, I'm
wondering how the car has started and run short distances before the
highway stoppage, and guessing that it was always running on the battery.
All that work without the alternator working turned it to toast.

I'll pull the battery tomorrow and get it tested.  Then, with a new one,
again test the alternator....and check all grounds and connections.

With that fixed, and with my new sharp 4 points alignment, I'll be on the
road!

John