[TR] Hi-Torque starter

anabil007 anabil007 at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 13:08:42 MDT 2016

Has been on Casper (1957 TR3) for many years, at least ten (10), still works great.   But … you knew this was coming, while fiddling with the tuning, I used the solenoid to “bump” the engine, and I noticed the starter moved.  This could not be a good thing, but just loose bolt(s)  easy fix … not … all bolts were tight, two 9/16 mounting, and two 10mm case bolts, yep 10mm indeed.

So I can move the starter a small distance by hand, still starts car, no weird noise, not hot.   So … pull it and check everything, a real pain, or just wait for it to fall off.

Thanks for the help

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"👻
TS16765L
Wallace, CA