[TR] Rattling

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 16:27:41 MDT 2016

On Sun, Aug 7, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Wbeech at flash.net <wbeech at flash.net> wrote:

... I should think that if the timing chain tensioner went that it would
> jump time and not run well at all, but there are greater minds than mine
> that can weigh in on that possibility.

Timing tensioner failure results in a somewhat high-pitched chatter that
should be easily isolated as coming from behind the timing chain cover.  A
broken tensioner does not change the timing - engine runs fine like that,
but in short order the broken tensioner will start to dig a hole in the
cover.

​
Geo