[TR] clubs that help

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Wed Aug 3 08:29:10 MDT 2016

Something else our club does which is very cool, is we have Tune & Tech days.  One of our members arranges these a few times a year with a couple of local British car shops, often times before a big driving event.

The shop will open on a Saturday morning and it's for modest to small projects.  Members get to put their car up on a lift and check things out. I've seen some guys swap out a starter motor and generators/alternators, repair/adjust brakes, change their oil&filter, learn to adjust the values and tune the carburetors.  Several members, plus the mechanic at the shop, are there to help diganose the problem and lend a hand and their experience to fix it.

We also try to position this as a social event as well, so some members attend to hang out, supervise (watch), drink coffee and eat a donut.

Rye
Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club

Rye PH: 530-FIND-RYE