[TR] Wire wheel front hub question

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Apr 25 10:55:08 MDT 2016

> So I replaced a leaky inner tube on the front driver side
> tire today and while putting the wheel back on noticed that
> about 1" of the outer splines had worn smooth on the hub.

I checked a spline adapter (that happens to be laying out) and the splines are only about 1" long total.  So I guess I don't
understand this statement.

Are you sure you are looking at an area that had splines originally?  There is really no way for them to wear "smooth" unless the
wheel was slipping on the splines (in which case the wheel is ruined as well).  The wheel and adapter tend to wear together anyway,
so it's best to replace them as a pair.

-- Randall