[TR] Bullet nose starter ejected front bearing

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 06:22:32 MDT 2015

Was moving the tr2 into my new garage and it decided to resist.

Starter wouldn't turn well and when I heard a part drop to the driveway,  I
pushed it back into the old garage. What was underneath was the nose cover
and front bearing of the starter.

Anyone else have this happen? I think the bearing goes in from the other
side and figure the front housing maybe damaged.  Any suggestions or
thoughts before I go and remove the Trans tunnel and starter?  Thanks

I'll be putting back in an original starter as the car has all original
bits.