[TR] TR3 gearbox oil leak

Alexander Delis ols at bcdef.net
Mon Nov 30 17:53:04 MST 2015

I had the same thing happen after a tranny rebuild in my TR3

We got some dye at NAPA that can be seen using a blacklight

We filled the tranny, put the dye in and cleaned it well

Ran it for a couple hundred miles and easily found the leak(s)- several leaks

Pulled the tranny, brought it back to the shop that rebuilt it and the fixed it while I waited

Been fine now for a couple of years

Alex