[TR] Nice Price or Crack Pipe?

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Jun 18 18:11:27 MDT 2015

>From what I can see from the market about 30k or so will get you a pristinely restored TR6.  While I and I think the market would consider a mint, low mile, original car to be worth more than that, a 30K premium seems like a lot for a car you will have to do, at the very least a full fliuf drain and flush on (there am I part of the secret club now?)

Greg Lemon
TR250

From: ptegler
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2015 3:20 PM
Cc: Triumphs (triumphs at autox.team.net)
Subject: Re: [TR] Nice Price or Crack Pipe?

For it's age.... if it's been driven that little, it will need as much work as any car with 59K on it!
(well maybe 30-40K)
with no oil throw, the internals of the engine (cam lobes etc) will most assuredly have rust on them, along with any other unoiled bare metal.
It's inevitable with any heat/cool cycle of the environment. All rubber will be hard and the seat foams ready to fall apart.
Yes.... crack pipe price.... but someone will by it just as a show piece which it could be with little effort cosmetically anyway.
Would I drive it cross state...no way. Doubt even across town. thinks what the brake flied must be like.

ptegler