[TR] problem with clutch

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:51:48 MDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Randall <TR3driver at ca.rr.com> wrote:

> ...If moving the slave to the other side of the bracket solved your
> problem, then you very likely have a broken taper pin.

A broken pin will cause some strange behavior.  I believe I have driven
with a broken one for more than 30 years.  The clutch still works fine and
feels normal so long as I omit connecting the external return spring from
the fork to the flange.  If that is connected then the TOB is withdrawn so
far that the slave action will not disengage the clutch.

Thinking of the mechanics of it, it is possible mine would work with the
slave mounted on the other side (sort of the same effect as not using the
full return).

I could fix it but it works so I am waiting until I need a clutch or other
work requiring removing the gearbox.  And I wait & wait.

Geo