[TR] Fender bolts

David Friedlander forzion7 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 16:49:25 MDT 2015

Frank;

No, I haven't even been able to get a wrench on them, not even a ratcheting
box wrench. I guess I'll just keep at it. At this point, it's not the rust
or the
number of turns I can get on them, it's getting ANY turns on them. But, I
didn't
know these were slotted holes so that's a relief. The other dozen
screws/bolts
holding the fender in place were EACH one a story. Whew! Even the front
fenders weren't this challenging. I have cut off many screw/bolts heads
since beginning this project in April....

I found a product that (to me) is much better than WD40 or PB Blaster. It's
called Aero Kroil.

Check out http://www.kanolabs.com and look at their other products as well.
NFI, of course.... This stuff *really *penetrates!

 I think I need to dip this car in a VAT of this!!

Thanks for the responses. I'll have to get creative with tools...

Dave Friedlander
Maine
'74 TR6
'59 TR3A