[TR] alternator conversion in a tr3

Dixie4 dixie4.wales at virgin.net
Tue Jun 2 01:54:41 MDT 2015

I do not know if you have this solution in the USA.

Here in UK an enterprising company called AES manufactures and markets an alternator that has the dimensions and identical look of the standard Lucas C40 dynamo. It is called the 'Dynator'. Their brand name of 'Dynalite' has been around for years and is much respected in aftermarket circles.

They promise 80% higher output with 60% less weight owing to the use of aluminium for the casing. Available in Neg or Pos earth.

looks like the best of both worlds with no complicated belt or pulley modifications.

A bit pricey though at approx $400 for neg or $75 extra for pos earth.

NFI of course.

I found the product here www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/141

A Google search may turn up something regarding a supplier in your location.

Adrian
1966 TR4A CT64306 O
Wales UK.