[TR] Is My Distributor Worn Out?

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Sat Jul 11 06:57:05 MDT 2015

Mine bounced around too, but not that much.  The dizzy had about 30K miles on it and the bushing seemed good. A pertronix helped a little.

The biggest improvement to my idol was switching to a push-in style distributor cap? It still has a slight miss but it is barely detectable. I suspect leaky valve guides because it tends to smoke a little at idle and immediately after start up.

Let me/us know how the repaired distributor functions when you get it back.  Does it make the timing light more stable?

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone