[TR] Brake drum grabbing

Joe Burlein floridatr6 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jul 8 07:55:03 MDT 2015

It has been one of those summers for the TR6. Almost to the point of wanting to drive her into the river and leave her there!

Today's problem is a left rear drum that is locking up under braking. I went to push the 72 out of the garage (after releasing the e-brake) and found the brakes locked up on the left rear side. We got her to finally move by rocking her back and forth. Everything seemed to be fine until I stopped quickly on a drive. That side locked up. Under slow normal braking it is fine. Suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe B