[TR] TR3A Dash Switch Layout / Questions

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 10 19:19:37 MST 2015

The heater fan gets a rheostat, mounted to the left of the steering wheel (next to where the OD switch would be if it had OD).
There is a photo in the workshop manual, in the section on installing the heater.

There appears to have been no single change point for the dash light rheostat.  Piggott says it was on "some" cars after TS43000,
but not standard until TS60000.

One way to tell is to look at the center hole just below the pair of indicator lights in the instrument panel.  If it is the right
size for the wiper switch, then the wiper switch goes there and the panel switch goes at the top center.

If that hole is larger than the wiper switch, then the panel rheostat goes there and the wiper switch goes at the top.

-- Randall

  _____