[TR] TR Frame

George Haynes ghaynestr4 at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 13:01:16 MST 2015

My Two Cents:

When I restored my 1965 TR4A in 1995,  I replaced the very rotted original frame with a very solid one that had been in an accident after only two years.  It was repaired, sandblasted, painted, reinforced in all the needed places and a few others.  I put as much Waxoyle in it as possible.
By 2009 that frame was rotted in the "T-shirt" area and the driver's door closed with difficulty.  Bummer.

I bit the bullet in 2011 and bought a new RATCO frame from Tony.  It is a work of art that does not deserve to be covered with a body.  Spent a lot of time getting the body mounted correctly but no subsequent problems.  Frame concerns are a thing of the past!

I have owned this car 30 years and will continue enjoying it ( avg. 4-5K miles per year) until I can no longer drive at all.
Cast my vote with the others who say go RATCO if you can afford it!
George