[TR] TR3 Horn Wiring

Dave dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Aug 28 15:59:21 MDT 2015

Yes, it does.  The horns ground through the horn button and when the contacts get old they don't carry enough current to work the horns.  A quick fix is to wire up a relay.

Get a generic cube relay a your FLAPS.  To wire up the relay connect one coil wire to the N/G wire and the other to the N/B wire from the steering column.  Connect the N/B wire from the horns to the NO contact on the relay.  Connect the COM contact on the relay to a good ground.  It's a walk in the park.

Dave Massey