[TR] Suggestions for leaky gearbox

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Sat Sep 13 17:57:15 MDT 2014

My OD box leaked there as well. The last time it was out I replaced the
Adapter Plate with one of the new thicker plates and I used Hylomar sealant.
The leaks are greatly reduced and in a years time I have not added any oil
to the box. Just checked the level before driving to VTR in NC and it had
been a year since last checked. Maybe 6,000 miles between checks. I was
pleased.
But sadly unless you can just tighten some fasteners you'll need to pull the
trans if the leak is too bad. How frequently do you check and add oil and
how much do you need to add each time?
JVV