[TR] Suggestions for leaky gearbox

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 17:36:35 MDT 2014

On Sat, Sep 13, 2014 at 3:26 PM, G.D. Huggins <guy at genfiniti.com> wrote:

> ... I suspect the leak is occurring in one or both gaskets on either side
> of  the overdrive unit.
> If that is the case, is there something I could put around the gaskets to
> stop the leak?
> I am looking for anything to avoid pulling it out and replacing them.

Is your primary concern  1) you will get too low on lube?  2) the amount of
lube you must buy & add to keep the level up? or 3) the mess this creates?

Since you are thinking of a Band-Aid fix perhaps it is #3 in which case I
have seen some car owners address a small but persistent leak with a simple
metal bracket that holds a highly absorbent material against the leak.
Will require changing from time to time.

The usual absorbent material used for this is available in the Health &
Beauty area of your favorite store though you may want your wife or
girlfriend to pick it up for you.

Geo