[TR] DNA, Bob, beer and battery

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Tue Nov 25 12:23:09 MST 2014

Bob Labuz wrote:

You are correct not bitters but bitter.  I did use Coopers Bitter for my
first brew.
<snip>

And I am just 1/2 Limey. I guess that is the reason for the mis-quote.
----------------------------

I just got DNA results back from Ancestry.com and discovered some
interesting things.  1.  No native American in spite of what my parents told
me. 2 I'm something like 45% British and 25% Italian Greek.  This was a bit
of a shock since my last name is L'Herault, very French and based on a
region in southern France.  Turns out that the sphere covered by the Italian
Greek DNA stretches into southern France.   Now to bring this back on topic,
I guess the heavy British gene is why I'm driving a Triumph and not a
Citroen, and it may be why I like the darker British Ales rather than the
American stuff generally available.  Give me a Newcastle Brown or (don't' I
wish I could still get it here) McEwans Scotch Ale.

I took the battery out of my TR-6 last week after taking it for a last drive
on a warm day before the predicted cold snap.  I had to jump it to get it
going and the next day the battery was almost flat again. I had to jump it
to get it out of its stall so that I could do some work in the area so I
used the opportunity to confirm that the alternator was charging (around 14V
if I recall correctly). I gave it a full charge before putting it on the
maintainer but I think it may be holding less and less of its charge as the
days go by.   Looks like a new battery will be my first spring purchase for
the TR-6.

Ron L