[TR] TR4

Darrell Walker darrellw360 at mac.com
Tue Nov 11 08:04:53 MST 2014

Hi Dave,

>From my experiences:

> 1. is it possible to replace the pistons and liners without pulling the
> engine?  bad idea anyway?

In theory I guess you could.  Pulling the engine would be easier, and let you
clean up the block properly.

> 2. is it better to pull the engine and tranny as a unit or easier to pull
just
> the engine?  seems like it would be a bear to get them lined up again.  the
> tranny shifts just fine, so I donbt need to pull it.  (Its and overdrive
> unit)

Ibve always pulled them both.  I think it would indeed be a major pain to
get the engine back on the tranny with it in the car.  I donbt know if the
overdrive shifts the equation at all, though.

> 3. I should remove the cross brace in front of the engine, right?  seems to
> really be in the way.

Yes, you will need to take it out.

-Darrell