[TR] TR4

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Nov 11 08:09:00 MST 2014

It is possible to replace pistons and liners with the engine in the
car, but barely.  It's not that hard to pull the engine.

It's better to pull the engine and tranny together, makes marrying
them back up after the rebuild much easier.

You do want to remove the cross brace between the spring / shock
towers to allow the engine to be pulled.  This page has a bit of a
pictorial on engine / tranny removal:
http://www.tonydrews.com/2008-9Rebuild/2008-9_Rebuild.htm

Cheers, Tony Drews